giovedì 3 marzo 2016

Sparklers DT: Shine card

This week as Sparklers DT I thought of making a card (which is not really my forte).


I made it with canvas treated with white gesso; once dry, I used watercolors to create a first color level. I continued using stencils and  Shimmerz paint :colors are beautiful, bright and sparkling like a silk satin fabric. To completely dry the color I shortened the time by using heat gun. Then I started to build the card by assembling all the elements: first, I took a white doily depriving him of the inner circle and thereby creating a frame to the large black felt star surrounded by wire, also black, simulating a doodle done in pen .I added other elements such as the adhesive strip made with dymo where the word "star" is repeated many times; the star shape, made with a punch, which is repeated irregularly and I then cut out leaving a margin of a few mm; the word "shine" stamped. 
Finally I added, to give further touches of light, beautiful sequins from Magical Ocean: a bright pink and a deep and iridescent blue, and two sizes of silver bells. Finally the black splashes and liquid pearl....




10 commenti:

  1. Excellent card - great colors and love the stars!

    RispondiElimina
  2. Excellent card - great colors and love the stars!

    RispondiElimina
  3. I am a total sucker for stars and I love how you made them the main feature for this card.

    RispondiElimina
  4. What an artistically designed card! Love all the textures and colors.

    RispondiElimina
  5. Wow I think you have found a hidden talent! This card is amazing. Such vibrant colours with a pop of sparkle <3

    RispondiElimina
  6. I really like how this turned out, awesome!!!

    RispondiElimina
  7. Very nice. Love the rock and roll feel of this card. Great design!

    RispondiElimina